Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Feel Ya Boston

Sweet mother it was hot today...and it seemed to come out of nowhere too. I now know how the runners in Boston felt. Minus about 23 miles. Errr, I suppose I was just hot and tired....not knocking on the gates death. But dang, it's been a while since my shirt has been this soaked in sweat....
This is attractive right?

Alright, so things are really going well. I've running a good bit, mostly short runs, but I'm hoping to keep upping my mileage over the upcoming weeks. Also looking out for a 5k to run sometime soon. Personally, following the P200, it's hard to get pumped for a 5 or 10k. Seems so elementary. But I'm sure the competitive juices will get going come race morning as they always do. Plus, Greenville puts on a TON of awesome races.

Totally legit
But onto the bigger topic tonight...about a month and a half out from today is an event I'm considering. Something I've been telling myself that I would do before having kids (NO WE'RE NOT THERE YET). Moving on...the Caine Halter Sprint Tri is on 6/16. It takes place at the local YMCA where the wife and I are members. It's SO simple...300m swim, 9m bike, 5k run. Come on! I did the Palmetto 200! But, there's always that fear of drowning. Like seriously, I can't swim. I don't think. I haven't really tried I guess? Do they allow swimmies during a triathlon? I have no shame. So yeah, I'm trying to make a decision on that. I guess I should figure that out pretty soon.

So that's all for tonight folks. I think I've hit that point where losing more weight will call for a change in my diet, which I'm not all that excited about. Probably should cut out the week nights at the Ale House with a couple "baller" friends who always pick up the tab. I've heard good things about the primal and paleo diets, so maybe I'll start trending that direction.

Finally, I love controversial or intriguing documentaries. Any suggestions?










1 comment:

  1. You're killin' it, broast. Keep up the running and the blogging.

    Check this out: http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-most-controversial-documentaries-all-time.html. I'd also add The Business of Being Born to that list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete