Monday, May 7, 2012

Post Race Depression....aka Work.

As I return to life after the P200, I find it to be rather boring. Merely coming home and running seems less important now without the giant goal at the end of the tunnel. I was out of town this weekend, so nothing much happened there. So I ran tonight, a 5k, at a decent pace for me. It felt good...and considering my Saturday...I'm quite surprised. Speaking of Saturday, I got to spend it with my good buddy from home following our boy Rickie as he balled out at the Wells Fargo. We go every year, one of those go to weekends that you can count on at the beginning of the year. Since Tiger missed the cut, and the Clemson guys were struggling (outside of Byrd), it's a no brainer to cheer for the guy in orange. I actually follow Fowler on Twitter, and from all accounts, he's a pretty good guy. You have to respect a guy who has other golfers waiting to congratulate him on 18. All this at the tender age of 23. I really think he will hook up with Rory as the young future of the game. Golf is really exciting right now, that's for sure.

So yeah, back to running. Trying to figure out what to do next. I'm still mulling over the triathlon in June, or maybe a 5k/10k here in town. I definitely need something to keep the competitive juices flowing. I want to do the tri, I really do...but I'm scared? The P200 was frightening, but there 11 other guys out there providing encouragement. This time, it's all on me. So I'm battling with that right now...not much time to decide Brian...oh well, procrastination is fun.

Anywho, sounds like my blogging elite athlete bud, Victoria, will be in town towards the end of the month. She's coming off of an injury and looking to get a nice upstate run in. Looking forward to it! See ya soon VTB!

No comments:

Post a Comment