Monday, November 7, 2011

Confuscius Say

Been a little busy the past few days. A lot going on at work, home, socially etc. So, with that said, I want to first give a big shout out to my friends Rebecca Ellefson and Victoria Ten Broeck, who just completed the Savannah Rock N Roll Half Marathon and Marathon respectively. Way to go, thanks for the inspiration to those of us still trying!

Basically, I'm at a crossroads of confusion right now. This past weekend, I relaxed at my parents house. Early bed times, good nights' rest, good food, nothing crazy. So I came home on Sunday afternoon and took off on a run...which was TERRIBLE. I felt sluggish, tired, and my legs were unresponsive. This completely blew my mind, mainly because just a week earlier I had one of the best runs of the training season, right after a beverage infused weekend in Atlanta complete with 3 am bedtimes, early rises, tons of food, etc. Blows my mind...literally. Guess it's one of those things you can't explain, but I'd rather there be an explanation out there that I just haven't figured out yet. Please, chime in if you have ideas.

So yeah, spent the weekend in Rock Hill with my parents. My dad and I took a concealed weapon permit class on Saturday, passing of course. I look forward to receiving my permit in the next 90 days. Also, I'm starting to change some things around in my diet and my weight loss has resumed. I'm down to 221, putting the weight lost number at 18 through 2 1/2 months. Being in the meat of football season right now, I'm happy with that.

Training continues...4 miles yesterday, most likely a trainer bike session tomorrow evening, and another run on Thursday or Friday. I'm aiming at next Monday for my first 10k run. Hopefully I'll be on fire that day.

1 comment:

  1. Back in the high school cross country and track days we made sure to party the night before a race because we found out that we ran better after a night of drinking and smoking various things. Don't know why. Best practice I ever had was mid-August - hungover after drinking 40's the night prior. Somethings are meant to go unexplained...

    ReplyDelete