Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Race Time

Wow - quite the break I've taken here recently. Things have been incredibly busy with me being out of town the past couple weekends, and multiple events during the week days. No running time at all lately! Which doesn't bode well for my Turkey Day 8k here in Greenville. I'm honestly just hoping to finish running the whole time and in under an hour. My new friend Victoria will be running it with as well. You can check her adventures by clicking the link to the right over there. VTB Runs Savannah. She's an elite blogger I must say. I will also be joined by some old friends from Clemson, Kelley and Brad Smith. Really excited to catch up with old friends before heading off to Thanksgiving dinner.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, now's definitely a good time to be thankful for the things we have. I may not be the best runner, biker, definitely not the best swimmer, but I'm thankful for the ability to do the things I love each and every day. Growing up with a mother who has been in a wheelchair my entire life, I certainly appreciate the things I've been blessed with growing up. During the next few days, I encourage everyone to take a look around them and be thankful for what you do have, instead of focusing on what you wish you had. Along those same lines, maybe try to do something for others this holiday season. I seriously believe karma has a way of working itself into our lives.

So, with that said, I hope everyone enjoys their time off, their families and friends. Eat your til your stomach's content...but then hit the pavement hard next week. It's that time of the year that I have to start talking myself into workouts, because I hate running when it's cold. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment