Monday, October 24, 2011

Etiquette

Today we're going to talk about good old southern behavior that should be instilled in all of us. Behavior that proves why south of the Mason Dixon line is superior. Behavior that leaves teenage to middle age women wilting. I'm talking about that good ole boy, nice to meet ya, never met a stranger kind of attitude. Unfortunately, that seems to be nonexistent in the running/cycling community.

And I'll give runners a slight break, they don't have as much of an elitist attitude compared to cyclist and even worse, triathletes (Remind me again, why I'm wanting to label myself as one of these?). Why is it so hard to give a head nod, wave a hand, offer a word of encouragement, or if you're feeling generous...shoot me a hand pistol. We're all out there pounding the pavement, struggling, sweating...why would you want to do anything other than pat your fellow athletes on the back? Maybe it's part of how I grew up, in a rural "neighborhood". I use that term loosely, as Laura thinks I grew up in the country because my parents own more than a 1/4 acre. Regardless, we wave. At everyone. Even if I have no idea who you are, or if I ran over your cat last week. We waved. Think about it.

On to training! Today marked another milestone as I passed the 5 mile mark. And truth be told, I could've kept going. But I had already looped around back home and could smell the chicken parm coming from our kitchen. Still not really losing weight, but the runs are getting better by the week. IMPROVEMENT.

And as always, GO TIGERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment