Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tidbits

Wow, busy past few days. I haven't had a lot of time to put much effort into anything other than working and entertaining. So tonight's entry is just about updating what's going on, from every aspect of life...

  • For weeks I anxiously awaited the arrival of my Springfield XD9. Yet, two weeks into ownership I've yet to shoot it. So many demands on life, so little time for play. I'm sure you realize that's partly tongue-in-cheek. I play a lot. I'm hoping to get to the range some time next week.
  • My new job is going great. Finally done with training and now being baptized by fire. I'm currently  covering for my partner who is on vacation, all while still trying to learn what the heck is going on. It's been interesting for sure. 
  • A good friend of mine from Atlanta is moving to Greenville to manage to a big construction project downtown. Laura and I are pumped about that, as I haven't had a really good guy friend here in town since Daniel moved down to the beach. Lots of guns, golf, and beer to follow I'm sure. 
  • Our lab is in heat. We were told she was spayed when we got her, so we're a little confused at this point. As soon as the bleeding is over (should be soon), we'll be taking her to the vet to remedy this problem. 
  • Football season is shaping up to be pretty amazing. I love being in Clemson for those home games, and look forward to many more memories this year with our football season group. I probably just jinxed us. 

So there's a snapshot at the past week. I ran tonight for the first time this week...our weather has been terrible the past couple days. Everything felt great, ran about 4.5 miles at 42:00. That's my longest run thus far in this process, so I'm encouraged...very encouraged. Sooo, this weekend is another wedding (during football season, seriously this makes two) so I'll be in Rock Hill catching up with old friends. Expect me to be near a TV at 7:00 pm though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment