Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trending...

NOM NOM NOM
Anyone that has been around me knows I'm committed to not dieting. I fully understand that fish, salads, and vegetables are more conducive to weight loss than pizza, wings, and loaded baked potatoes. Frankly, I don't give a damn. BUT...in the best interest of my body, this blog, and my need for results, I'm willing to make small changes here and there. Exhibit A: We went to Bellacino's for lunch today. Typically, I order a half turkey grinder, Cheetohs, and a drink. Today I ordered a half turkey grinder and a water. This is the gameplan that I believe will ultimately lead to a successful weight loss campaign.

Another tactic is carefully evaluating what items I will try to avoid. For example, it would be senseless to cut out mayonnaise from my diet. By cutting out mayonnaise, you cut out ranch dressing. Rather, I will focus on limiting the consumption of both products, instead of totally removing either/or. To summarize my initial diet change goal thingies, I present the following bulleted list:

  • Portion Control
  • Less Condiments
  • Limiting Soda to the Role of Mixer

On to the training! Laura and I ran this past Friday. Well, I ran out a ways, then circled back to find her walking a mere .5 mile into the run. Apparently her K-5 class had cake that afternoon and it was causing problems with her stomach. I managed to forge ahead for roughly a 25 minute jog/turn around to look/jog/start wondering where Laura is/jog. I ran yesterday and today for combined 5 miles and collective time of 47:46. Combining these numbers are worthless though, because I know I can't run 5 miles continuous right now. Right now we're looking at one more run this week, then that thing I talked about when addressing football season. We'll have friends in town all weekend for the Clemson/Auburn game, so I doubt there will be a bike ride anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment