Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bacon Bits

I ramble...but I warned you all about that early on, so I have no late night feelings of guilt over my posting style. The funny thing about today's post, is that I skipped running today so I could write a post. I have a long list of things to complete tonight, including the following:

  • Recover the hard drive from my college laptop
  • Cringe at some of things I find on said hard drive
  • GTL...minus the G and T
  • Find my brother a birthday present that can be shipped to Colorado in 24 hours
  • Research and make my college football picks

So obviously you can see why I needed to forego the run today. Plus all my "running gear" was in need of a good wash. I can literally shake salt off my Dri-Fit hat. Disgusting.

Something I've realized over the past few weeks is that I'm no longer concerned with the notion of training too far in advance. It's going to take me a long time to achieve 13 miles. I diagnosed this issue by noticing that my longest runs aren't getting any longer. I feel that I should be able to run 5 miles continuously right now, but I'm struggling to do that. I ran on Monday, and felt good, but still cashed out at the 5k mark. Frustrating. Which leads me to wonder why this is...

My right leg is giving me fits. It hurts...a lot...every time I run. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but could it be because of the break back in 2006? I was always of the belief that broken bones heal stronger, but that could be something I saw on TV. But it's definitely one those "hurts when it rains" things. So maybe I'm onto something. I need to Google these kinds of things before writing about them so I sound intelligent. Note to self. Oh well, I need a picture for entertainment. I couldn't find my actual x-ray so here is one that is similar to mine. Funny, as I look at this, I can completely understand why it would hurt when I run.


So, that's all I've got today. Like I said, Laura and I ran on Monday. Roughly 27:00 for the 5k I recall correctly. Another run tomorrow, then we'll be going for a hike with the dog on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment