Monday, July 25, 2011

Focus, Brian

Back to the ADD thing. See, I sat down 30 minutes ago to start my entry for tonight before sitting down to kill things on Black Ops. Instead, I wasted a half hour trying to fit a sweet picture of some running clydesdales into my header. As you can see, unsuccessful.

Someone pointed out to me that they enjoyed my first post, but didn't really know what was going on. I quickly realized that I failed point out the focus of the blog. Rather, I quickly touched on it without emphasizing that part. So just so we're clear, I WANT TO FINISH A TRIATHLON. Oh and real quick...

Shamelessly promoting IRONMANNAISE and Jer's Marathon Recap. The former being a friend's blog tracking his Ironman training and latter being my brother Jeremy's race recap from when he qualified for the Boston Marathon. Both are excellent reads.

Back to focusing. I almost signed up for a Tri but then scheduled my first surgery, negating any hope of completing a Tri at the time [circa late 2008]. I haven't picked out a race yet, but most likely I'll be looking at the early months of 2012. In the meantime, I have a couple other goals in mind, listed below:

1. Memorial Day Weekend 2012 - Assuming the US Cycling Championships are once again in Greenville, I intend to participate in the P3 [Palmetto Peleton Project] Stars and Stripes Metric Century Ride.

2. Rock N Roll Half Marathon Nashville - This race is in late April. I haven't decided if I want to make a big trip of my first Half, but I'm entertaining the thought. If I could get Razor Sharp on board, that would help.

For the sake of adding pictures for entertainment value, here's me now followed by what I hope to get back to:










Not gonna lie though, at this point I'm pretty much...






That's all for tonight. Just wanted to state why I was putting you all through the misery of reading. More tomorrow on training - also known as the playing the lottery with South Carolina weather patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Where can we buy tickets for the South Carolina lottery? I have some insider information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down for the Nashville R'n'r half. Tim? Oh, nevermind...you've got more important things to train for.

    ReplyDelete