Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting Frustrated

So I ran this evening when I got home. My attire was a base layer, quarter zip pullover, shorts, and my compression sleeves. I don't know what the problem was this evening but I experienced the worst pain in my lower legs (specifically the inner portion of the lower shin). I don't know what the trouble was...but a number of things ran through my mind. The cold weather seems like a highly unlikely option. I feel that maybe I run differently when it's dark because I know the sidewalk is kind of screwed up in places. I guess that could alter my stride to the point of being uncomfortable for some muscles. Obviously frustrating.

So, some more info on the Palmetto 200. The race is in April and as far as I can tell, we'll be fielding a well rounded and balanced team. This will be a serious accomplishment for me and a few others, while some members of the team will knock it out of the park without much effort. The race is broken up into 36 legs with varying distances from 3 to 9 miles. I'd say we're looking at roughly 26 hours to finish the race and to me, it looks to be a logistical nightmare. But I'll leave that up to the pros.

I will gladly accept advice on what could be wrong with my legs. Maybe I need to see some type of sports medicine expert. I feel like I've tried a lot of the typical remedies, but I will continue to research new methods of treating shin splints. Keep it real.

1 comment:

  1. Chiropractor literally cured my shin splints.

    Also, I stopped using shoes with air bubbles in them. But mostly it was the chiropractor.

    ReplyDelete