Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I've been thinking a lot lately about the following question: How far is too far ahead to train for a goal? Is it reasonable to think that maybe I'm reaching towards something so far in the future that I may get bored with training? Should I be able to train in a shorter time period? Does it even really matter?

Part of the reason I'm picking races in the Spring is because I hate running/biking/anything other than hunting in the winter. We don't belong to a gym at the moment, but that may have to change if I'm going to do any swimming once the cold months set in. I have the proper apparel for running and biking in the 30 degree weather, but that doesn't mean I'm jump out of bed at the thought of it. Of course, there are only two things that I jump out of bed for early in the morning - hunting and tailgating. And golf...can't forget golf. But I am certainly worried that sometime, maybe in the 3-4 month mark, I'm going to lose sight of the goal. As I say this, I immediately just thought of the guys at Ironmannaise who started training a year in advance. That makes me feel better. Yet another reason I started this blog, it's something to keep me on track. I can just picture you guys foaming at the mouth for an update. Needing to know how far I ran, how the bike felt, or if some rogue driver permanently ended my aspirations. That's how it is, right? Well, I'll just stick with how I imagine it.

I believe I'm around 5-6 weeks into this whole thing? Seems like a good time for a weight update, as that is a pretty large secondary goal in this process. I looked back and realized I lied about my starting weight. It was actually 238. Eesh. Sick. So, onto the results:

7/24 - 238 lbs
8/30 - 223 lbs

MINUS 15 POUNDS. I know the beginning is the easiest part, but this is encouraging nonetheless. Have a good night folks, off to my Fantasy Football Draft.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, broast. What's your goal weight? Fifteen pounds is a serious drop.

    ReplyDelete