Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Want to Ride My Bicycle!

You ever have one of those moments when your day completely changes from what you thought it was going to be? For me, that moment today was when Queen came on the radio. I instantly changed my plan from running again to a nice bike ride. As you know, our evening weather here in the south can be fickle, but today was clear sailing. This was only my second ride in like a year or something, so a leisurely 1:15:00, 16 mile ride was lovely. I kept thinking how pitiful it was that I was only riding 16 miles, and had to remind myself that my goal is small and a long way off. 16 miles is more than your typical bike leg for a sprint Tri, and this is only the beginning. A little bit is better than nothing Brian, a little bit is better than nothing [thank you Jer].

Now for some linkage...something I plan on incorporating throughout my blogging journey. I sweat A LOT. And have a terrible time with sweat running down from my helmet into my eyes. I recently found this Halo Headband at my local store, Carolina Triathlon. I wasn't drinking the kool-aid at first, but this thing is unreal. After two rides, I've yet to have a drop of sweat venture across my brow. It fits perfectly under my helmet, and I'm pretty sure I have the biggest head of anyone reading here, so it should easily fit under yours at home.

Sorry for the brief entry, but I have some prep to do before our new floors go in later this week.

***Quick Edit***   I may have forgotten to mention this...but I fell today. At the end of my ride I stopped for a second to rest, put one foot down and got lazy. Suddenly, my front tire turned and I went tumbling over the opposite leg. Some of you may recognize an all too familiar leg injury below.



1 comment: