Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spinx Runfest

Pretty excited about this weekend's race, my first one since the P200 in April! The Spinx Run Fest is a huge race weekend for the city of Greenville, offering up a 26.2, 13.1, 3.1, and a kids fun run. The best part, in my opinion, is the finish line is located on the warning track of the minor league baseball stadium in downtown. Now for decision time...


By no means have I been training for anything specific at this moment, but I'm feeling kind of crazy this week and may sign up for the 13.1. And yes, that would be my first one. And no, I haven't done any long runs. I guess there's no real logic to the choice, but for some reason I feel like I could at least finish. It would be slow....extremely slow....but I could finish. I mean, hell, Clemson plays on Thursday this week so I'd have all day to get around the course. No one said being clydesdale would be easy, right?

Ok, so onto some product talk. I've had more success with the Brooks Adrenaline 11 than any other model since I started running (I think I've had every version of the Adrenaline since the 5th edition). I'm looking forward to grabbing a couple pairs on clearance as the 12 and 13 are at the forefront of sales just for the sake of grabbing deal. Check out THIS for a good deal, although I don't like the bland color.

Also - looking to get a pair of sleeves for the winter after running with a buddy's pair at the P200. I'm thinking Brooks Nitelife....thoughts? Anyone own a pair?

No comments:

Post a Comment