Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nightlife!

Wow, talk about a rude introduction into the winter running season! Ol' Sandy made her presence felt even down here in the south as we were welcomed this morning by 40 degree temps and 20 mph winds. Brrr. This prompted me to head over to Run In to look for a wind resistant vest to aid in the winter training. Got the vest on sale, for $40, and I tell you it's WELL worth it. Conditions when I ran this evening: 45 degrees, sustained winds at 15mph, gusts at 21mph. Now, I didn't overreact and suit up in leggings and arm warmers...see for yourself my attire!

The vest stood out...for something so lightweight, it certainly was up to the task tonight! Not to mention the nightlife color...comes in handy this time of year as it's almost guaranteed that you're running in the dark. So this is my official endorsement of the Brooks Essential Vest, available on their website @ Brooks Running

So another good run tonight that I could've kept going, but it was getting late, I was ready for dinner, and wasn't all that far from the house at the time. Also, don't want to increase mileage too much too fast...injury looms. The next few steps for me will be looking into more gear (LOVE gear), figuring out energy supplements for longer runs, and defining an actual schedule instead "run when you get a chance to run". Thanks work.  

And I just uploaded the picture...I look like I'm 5'0" tall. And hell yeah I rocked the headlamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment